Sunday, August 28, 2011

Back to the Drawing Board on sleep experiments

Upon the collection of further data, I have basically made no progress on improving my sleep.  In fact, in general, I am worse than I was during the control week.  Check it out.


Column1 nothing just mask any mask mask/ear plugs mask/earplugs/magnesium
z score 75.6 72.2 74.4 74 71
deep 37.4 36.8 35 34 32.5
awake 17.4 22.8 17.8 17 20
awoken 3.6 3.2 3.4 3.4 4

Its not the proudest I have ever been of a table, but the results are pretty clear if you take a second.

Lets talk about the magnesium a second.  I noticed one thing....I pooped more.  Turns out the poop part is very common and means it isn't really getting into your system.

In follow on research, I have become convinced that I still am not getting enough magnesium (most people aren't).  And if you are deficient, in a cruel twist of fate, it can be hard to get it orally (thus the squirts). 

So now the next step...ditch the sleep mask, earplugs and take epsom salt baths to get magnesium topically. 

No comments:

Post a Comment