Friday, August 5, 2011

Orange Glasses sure feel like they work....

But I'll be damned if I can prove it.

Time to sleep didn't really change.  I am not the type to go to bed till I am ready so that seems unlikely.  My time to go to bed didn't change much either though.  I notice I yawn when I wear them, but I am not looking to increase my yawn count.

All that being said, I do think it gives me a drowsy feeling that increases the likelihood that I go to bed at a decent hour.  It may be placebo, but that is good enough for now.

However, there is no doubt that there isn't any increase in deep sleep.  In that respect, the experiment was a failure.

Still learned quite a bit.  The amount of deep sleep directly affects how I feel in the morning/throughout the day.  The only day I felt noticeably better was the day I got almost twice as much deep sleep as I did any other day (even though it was the lowest total amount of sleep since I started tracking). 

The current hypothesis then has to be that something (light/noise) is interrupting my deep sleep.  Since I am more comfortable with the idea of wearing a sleep mask rather than earplugs/white noise machine....we'll start with that.

For the next three nights (may have to be four since I will probably skip the night when i have houseguests), I will continue with orange glasses an hour or so before bed and a sleep mask before I go to sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment